- Serves 4
- Prep time: 20 mins
1 fennel bulb
1 handful of fresh mint leaves
3 handfuls of rocket
1 teaspoon of mustard
1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
A good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
A pinch of black pepper
1. Peel the fennel bulb into thin shavings with a vegetable peeler or mandoline
2. Peel 2 oranges and cut small segments (about 2cm) of the flesh
3. Cut the third orange in half. Juice one half of the orange, to use later for the dressing. Thinly slice the other half to use as garnish.
4. Mix the fennel shavings, rocket, orange pieces and mint leaves together.
5. In a small bowl, combine the freshly squeezed orange juice, balsamic vinegar, mustard, black pepper and olive oil.
6. Evenly pour the dressing over the salad and top with orange slices and more mint leaves
This is one of my favourite summer salads. It's both sweet and refreshing, which nicely balances other salty and savoury dishes. Enjoy!